Part of the 2010 Poetry Challenge

Unless otherwise noted, the fancy poems on this page are the original works of Sean Paul Mahoney as part of the Positive Energy Works 2010 Poetry Challenge.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

not forever

not forever

they said it would pass
but they didn't say
it would happen fast.

go on and cry now,
you'll feel better later
is what they told me
but they didn't say
how long it would actually be.

they said the pain would subside.
and this time they were right.
they said if we press our noses on the glass
and tightly shut our eyes
before we know it we will have arrived.

but I don't always hear them
or love what they say.
and I know now all the shit
doesn't just go away.
so I sleep
soundly even though I have felt better
at least I believe that now
is not forever.



No comments:

Post a Comment